My Five Favorite Films of 2011 (in no particular order)
5. The Tree of Life directed by Terrence Malick
I find the backlash against Terrence Malick to be terribly funny. When I saw The Tree of Life in the theater, a group of women who were sitting behind me left about forty minutes in and one said out loud, “I told you we should have seen Bad Teacher!”
Terrence Malick is too abstract! There’s no story in his story! Nothing happens! It’s just a series of beautiful images! To these supposedly negative statements I say EXACTLY. I could watch this film over and over again and still not understand what Malick is trying to say about God and the Universe and Family, but I don’t care! It’s GORGEOUS! It’s beautifully acted! It’s filled with emotion! The child actors in it are completely honest and real and perfect! I love it.
- rockydennisinheaven likes this
- underjudeslaw reblogged this from kerryannmccombs and added:
- allooons-y reblogged this from kerryannmccombs
- cactusgram said:totally agree!!
- cactusgram likes this
- kerryannmccombs posted this